Did you ever consider how many different ways there are to look at a number? We decided it would be fun to choose a number and see what kind of facts we could find out about it. Twenty thousand is a big one, no matter what – it can take you up the highest mountain in the U.S. or land you in a pile of LEGOs. It all depends on the context in which you find it.
- The deepest underwater you can go with the Swiss Army 20000 mechanical watch.
- The altitude at which a military drone – The Long Endurance Multi-Intelligence Vehicle (LEMV) flies.
- The number of pages in the Obama Health Care Plan (so far).
- The approximate number of feet of the highest point in the USA – Denali/Mount McKinley (actually it’s 20,320 feet).
- The number of people who signed up for a one-way ticket to Mars in the first week the $38 lottery tickets became available in April 2013.
- The number of bottle rockets you can set off in two minutes.
- The number of LEGO pieces it took to build a replica of Bruce Wayne’s Batcave.
- The maximum number of songs you can load into Google Play.
- The number of people that the US Government requested information about from Facebook in the first half of 2013.
- The number of toys donated to Indiana children in the NBA Indiana Pacer’s “Summer Christmas” charity event in August 2013.
- The amount of cash a man found in a book he picked up at the Wellesley, MA dump in November 2012.
- Adjusted for inflation, something that cost $20,000 100 years ago would cost $471,911.00 today (that’s a cumulative rate of inflation of 2259.6%).
Do you have a favorite number? How many interesting places can you find it?