The Furious Case of the Fraudulent Fossil
Benson and Anita think Dr. Brummagem’s feathered dinosaur fossil is a fake, but can they prove it? [184 Pages, 31 Full Color Illustrations]
* Mystery, danger, humor, fossils, a dude from the future (Quarkum Phonon), and time travel
* A quick overview of the history of paleontology
* Principles of science investigation and science fair success woven into the story
* Visits to diverse and seminal scientists: Shen Kuo, Mary Anning, Georges Cuvier, Roy Chapman Andrews and Jack Horner
* The newest theories and methods in paleontology
* Focus on scientific integrity
* Encourages kids to identify with exploration and science
* Full color illustrations and optional activity kit
* Ages 9-12
Recent Review of the ‘Fraudulent Fossil by “Reader’s Favorite“:
The Furious Case of the Fraudulent Fossil is the story of two children who find themselves on the adventure of a lifetime. Benson and Anita think they are simply going on a field trip to a museum when they first start out their day, but before the day ends they will have traveled through time and space to visit all corners of the world. It’s definitely going to be an interesting day and their mission is nothing less than saving the future of science. Fossils are cooler than even these two might think and there’s a lot more to know about them than anyone realizes.
Benson and Anita are two typical modern day kids. They believe there is no true ‘magic’ in life and they just want to have fun. That’s what their goal is when they first set out on this field trip. But when things start to become a little magical after all, they definitely step up to the plate and start setting their sights on changing the world. Someone is trying to pass off fake fossils as authentic ones and if they manage to succeed it just might change the course of the scientific community as we know it. Benson and Anita are the only ones who just might be able to fix things in The Furious Case of the Fraudulent Fossil by Barnas Monteith. A fun and exciting story for children and something that parents definitely won’t mind their children reading. I would love to see even more from these children. This was a good book for children and had a good storyline.
– Reader’s Favorite Book Review gave 5 out of 5 stars to “Fraudulent Fossil”
Fraudulent Fossil Table of Contents:
About the Author: Barnas Monteith is a science enthusiast with a special devotion to the inquiry-based science & engineering education movement. Barnas was and still is one of the top award winning science fair participants in the country. His research on the biochemistry and microstructure of dinosaur eggs won first place in every science fair he joined, including regional state, national, and international fairs. As an adult he has founded and led companies in software engineering and the manufacture of industrial diamonds for use in the semiconductor and green energy industries. Barnas chairs the Massachusetts State Science and Engineering Fair, where he works to bring the excitement of original research to middle and high school students across the state. Barnas also serves on STEM advisory councils to the governor of Massachusetts, the Massachusetts Department of Education and a number of other policy advisory boards. The Furious Case of the Fraudulent Fossil is his first book.
- Paperback: 182 pages
- Publisher: Tumblehome Learning; 1st edition (Septembert 1, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0985000856
- ISBN-13: 978-0985000851
- Product Dimensions: 8.1 x 5.6 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8.8 ounces