You have arrived at the alternative donation page for Tumblehome Learning’s (THL’s) campaign to fund the upcoming picture book biography, Painting in the Dark, Esref Armagan, Blind Artist, by Rachelle Burk, illustrated by Claudia Gadotti. This form is for donors who prefer to donate directly to THL and not to use Pubslush.*
The following form redirects to Paypal, where you can finish making your donation. Please make sure you have visited the Pubslush fundraising page prior to sending the form below, as it describes the purpose of the campaign and how the donations will be used: https://pubslush.com/project/6978.
- Your donation will be used only for production of this book, including its blind-accessible formats which will be provided free to the visually impaired. Funds received shall not be spent on any other title, or on any THL overhead costs.
- Although your donation will not appear on the Pubslush campaign page, we will honor all dollar-amount-level prize promises that are posted on the campaign.
- Regarding the personal information we collect: For a donation without an award, we only REQUIRE your name, email, and dollar amount. This is needed for providing your PayPal receipt. If you do not want a prize, please note so in the space allowed below
- To claim the offered awards, you will need to provide your address, phone or other information for the purpose of delivery of the award.
- If you have any questions or if you’d like to donate a larger amount by check (not via Paypal, but rather, by regular mail), please contact us.
* (THL is not a 501c3 corporation; Although we cannot offer you any form of tax benefit for your donation, you may receive one of a number of prizes listed on the Pubslush campaign page and in the drop-down menu below.)
Check out the following video by author Rachelle Burk on the upcoming book: Painting in the Dark, Esref Armagan, Blind Artist.
Prizes/Rewards @ Specific Dollar Amounts:
Our thanks and appreciation, plus lots of good karma!
A poster of the book with Esref’s signature
FIRST OWNER – SOFTIE
A paperback copy of Painting in the Dark
FIRST OWNER – HARDY
A hardcover copy of Painting in the Dark.
* Shipping included.
A copy of Painting in the Dark with a signature plate signed by Esref, plus a poster.
You will receive two hardcover copies of Painting in the Dark, and a signed poster of Esref’s own artwork!
Your name or your organization’s name will be printed in Painting in the Dark as an acknowledgement. Additionally, you will receive two copies of the book and a signed poster of Esref’s artwork.
Author Rachelle Burk will visit with your school by Skype for a lively and interactive presentation on art and writing. You can designate this presentation for the school or organization of your choice.
You will receive a classroom set (25 copies) of Painting in the Dark.
As a bonus, you will also receive a full set of Tumblehome Learning’s Galactic Academy of Science books for middle grade readers–ten science adventure books in all.
*shipping included within the U.S,
$500 will sponsor 20 books for the blind, and your name will appear in print and on a braille sticker on each copy.
You are wonderful! At this level of giving, you can send a child or adult of your choice, or sponsor one selected by Art Beyond Sight, to attend a painting workshop given by Esref Armagan in New York City. Travel by bus or car included. The visit will include a chance to interact personally with Esref, and we will issue a press release about the visit.
At this level, you can be the sponsor of an i-book version of PAINTING IN THE DARK, complete with audio voiceover, links to picture descriptions and more artwork, and a deeper dive into the art and science of Esref’s story. This book will be useful to blind and sighted readers alike. You will be prominently acknowledged in the book, and if you wish, we will issue a press release announcing your sponsorship.